The SuperVAG key is the professional diagnostic tool and Locksmith solution for VAG cars (VW, Skoda, Seat and Audi). SuperVAG is the solution for:
► Key Programming; and now with Smart Direct Key Programming you
can duplicate and add your key in just 2 minutes.
► Remote programming – including remote testing.
► Solution for All Key Lost situations.
NEW: Smart Direct Key Programming
Many think it’s difficult to program keys to cars after 2009 with the immobiliser generation, 6G. Why? Because these cars have an advanced
immobiliser security system that contains pin, component security and long key learning procedures. In turn they require expensive
key programmers to precode their transponders and unlock their immobilisers. But, with Smart Direct Key Programming this couldn’t be easier when you have at least one working key. You can add more keys within a few minutes – with just 3 clicks and no need for a key programmer. It’s all done simply via OBD and all you’ll need is the SuperVAG KEY and an empty transponder.
Dashboards VDO UDS and Magneti Marelli
USA & Canada
► Volkswagen Jetta, Passat, Sportwagon,
► Volkswagen Fox, Spacefox, Saveiro, Gol,
► Volkswagen Golf, Caddy, Polo, Touran,
► Seat Leon, Alhambra, Ibiza, Altea
► Skoda Fabia, Roomster, Octavia, Superb
Just simply follow this procedure:
After 2009, Volkswagen group introduced new transponder types with new key learning procedures.
There are now two options to add keys to a car:
1. Precoding the transponder
2. Using Smart Direct Key Programming
What you‘ll need:
- SuperVAG KEY
- An empty transponder
- At least one working key
Direct Key Programming is the smart solution offered by the SuperVAG
Tool. With this method you just click the Key learning/programming function and enter the required number of keys you want to add. The Program starts programming mode on the dashboard and shows the number of ‘learned keys’ and the number of keys that ‘yet to be learned’ (for example 0/2. 0 keys learned, 2 keys still required).
NOTE: New keys will not be clones – every key is unique and has its own ID.
Step 1 – Start key programming.
- Select the proper car model and click on the key programming button.
- Click on the ‘Key learning (no PIN needed)’ button.
Step 2 – Set the number of keys to learn and insert every key into the
- Press the number of keys – the program asks you how many keys you want to learn in total, including all working keys plus all new keys. Enter the number and press ok.
Step 3 – Insert every key into the ignition.
- Turn the key to position 2 (lamps go on) and then remove, continuing with the next key. You must do this procedure with all the keys you want to add including the original
Step 4 – Confirm all the changes.
- Last step – the keys are now learned, but the program still keeps the old data until you confirm the changes. First, check that the engine starts with every key, then look at the dashboard and see if you can see the
odometer state/value. If you can’t then there is still key counter; for example 1/6 which means key learning was not successful and the dashboard did not finish with key programming mode.
- Click on NO if something is not right; for example the car does not start. The dashboard will be restored to its original state from the saved data. The original key will work and will not be erased. Repeat the procedure again.
- Click on YES if everything is alright; the car starts and you can see the odometer state. The program will write new keys into the memory of the dashboard.
DONE: When you have no working key, SuperVAG has a fast and easy
solution. You do not need an expensive programmer or to do any soldering, SuperVAG has developed special click on cables – SVG149 and SVG157, to solve such a situation. How it works: you remove the dashboard from the car and connect SuperVAG with the click on cable – 149 or 157,depending on the dashboard type, and unlock the dashboard. Now you can add a key without already having a valid key.
For the full article please see edition 4 of CKL.